Lacoste JTT MINI - SEASON 2, 2017
JTT Mini is a fun morning of tennis for all young tennis enthusiasts starting out with tennis aged 5 years to 8 years. It is designed to ensure their first experience of tennis competition is positive. It encourages a higher success at serving and rallying by using bigger, slower, softer balls and smaller courts. JTT Mini is an action packed 2.5 hours of round robin singles matches, fast moving, with easy scoring, different opponents, and a focus on fun. Players will have assistance with scoring on each court if required and will have the chance to win spot prizes, and overall prizes for players with the most points.
JTT Mini is designed to provide a pathway for players wanting to play more, introduce competition and will help them get ready for The Junior Team Tennis League, School Tennis, Spex Tournaments etc.2. Age Group Eligibility and Ability
All junior players (boys and girls) are eligible. The age group is for players aged between 5 years to 8 years:
Born between and including 2009 and 2012.
PLEASE NOTE: Players must have had some form of tennis experience, such as club coaching or playing with parents. They need to be able to sustain some form of a rally. i.e. Hit 3 balls in a row and be able to drop a ball and hit over the net. They don’t need to be able to serve over arm.
|JTT Mini will run two tournaments over 2 Sundays: (you can play both or just one)|
||Dates Sunday August 20th and Sunday November 26th: 9:00am – 11:30am (if rain, it may be played undercover)|
- 9:00am – 11:30am
- All players are required to be ready to play at 9:00am and will play through to 11:30am (may finish earlier) when there will be a small prize giving. There will be rests throughout the 2.5 hours. Parents are not required to stay for the 2.5 hours.
United World College (Dover Campus)
1207 Dover Road
6. Match Format and Points System
- Players will play on modified courts (smaller with lower nets) with soft slower balls specifically designed for their age.
- Players will play points for a period of 5-7 minutes, having 2 serves each and swapping – serving over arm or underarm.
- Players will play round robin matches and be awarded points for each match they play. Prizes will be awarded to players with the most points, spot prizes and for sportsmanship.
All entries can be done online. Please go to JTT Mini registration form.
Entry Fees are:
- $40 for one day, or $75 for both days
Entry fees include 2.5 hours of matches, coordinators, and prizes.
Please note: There will be no refund given once payment has been made unless you withdraw at lease 48 hours prior to the event. Then 50% of the entry fee will be refunded.
Once your entry form and payment has been received by the JTT, you will receive confirmation via email. Entries must be received by:
Wednesday 16th August, 2017 - deadline for the 20th August tournament.
Wednesday 22nd November, 2017 - deadline for the 26th November tournament.
*Entries are limited, accepted on a first come, first served basis
JTT Management and Coordinators will be onsite to coordinate matches and assist with scoring.
if you have any questions please contact JTT at firstname.lastname@example.org or H/P: 9646-5703